Display and Input issues - Partially Fixed V1.2

Please create a topic in this forum if you think that you have found a new issue with the software.

Display and Input issues - Partially Fixed V1.2

Postby Viragon » 10 Mar 2010, 00:54

First of all my compliments for the nice and useful job you are doing. Keep it up!

I unfortunately have to submit to your attention some problem I am experiencing:
1 - as long as you start-up the software for the first time and select camera and lenses from the list, everithing goes smooth. But if you want to change yourselection and try another camera from the list, it appears empty, all black without any camera or lens name;

2 - Every time I want to edit a name, a value and enter it manually using the keyboard, a Microsoft error appears that signals that an error occurred with WinMoDof.exe asking if I want to submit it to Microsoft etc. .. If I choose not to send the error notification, I am prompted back to the text insertion pane, but as soon as I try to type anything, the error pops-up again!

I am using a Samsung Omnia II (i8000) device with WM 6.5 professional, WVGA screen and Swype as the default keyboard. Anyone else experienced the same problem? It is may-be related to Swype?
Viragon

Re: Display and Input issues - V1.0/V1.1

Postby Didier » 29 Mar 2010, 12:25

Sorry, your post was waiting for probation for quite a long time, I have actually not seen it :oops:

Viragon wrote:1 - as long as you start-up the software for the first time and select camera and lenses from the list, everithing goes smooth. But if you want to change yourselection and try another camera from the list, it appears empty, all black without any camera or lens name;

This must be the same display issue has described in this topic. On my device it occurs after a long navigation in the menus. It must depends on the available ram on the device. I have identified the problem (I hope), so I will fix it in the future.

Viragon wrote:2 - Every time I want to edit a name, a value and enter it manually using the keyboard, a Microsoft error appears that signals that an error occurred with WinMoDof.exe asking if I want to submit it to Microsoft etc. .. If I choose not to send the error notification, I am prompted back to the text insertion pane, but as soon as I try to type anything, the error pops-up again!

I am using a Samsung Omnia II (i8000) device with WM 6.5 professional, WVGA screen and Swype as the default keyboard. Anyone else experienced the same problem? It is may-be related to Swype?

I haven't got this problem so far, if I can I will install Swype and try to reproduce this issue.

Thanks for your feedback!
Didier - WinMoDof developer
Didier
Site Admin

Postby Viragon » 29 Mar 2010, 19:59

Dear Didier,

Just installed the new 1.1 version.
Concerning the bugs I noticed with previous version on my device there are good and bad news:
- The good one is that the problem during text insertion is probably solely related with Swype application: I tried with the standard keyboard and everithing worked as supposed. The compatibility issue with Swype is not of paramount importance for the software and can be worked out without hurry, I believe;
- The bad new is that the black list display problem when trying to change camera and/or lens selection still persists on my hardware (even after a soft-reset and with 33 Mb of RAM available).

The translations are very good and complete!

Again, good job Didier!
Viragon

Postby Didier » 30 Mar 2010, 12:14

Viragon wrote:Dear Didier,

Just installed the new 1.1 version.
Concerning the bugs I noticed with previous version on my device there are good and bad news:
- The good one is that the problem during text insertion is probably solely related with Swype application: I tried with the standard keyboard and everithing worked as supposed. The compatibility issue with Swype is not of paramount importance for the software and can be worked out without hurry, I believe;
- The bad new is that the black list display problem when trying to change camera and/or lens selection still persists on my hardware (even after a soft-reset and with 33 Mb of RAM available).

The translations are very good and complete!

Again, good job Didier!

Hi Viragon,

I have installed Swype 2.0, but I didn't reproduce the first issue...
For the second one, I have to work on it, thanks for your feedback. Of course I will let you know once I have fixed it.
Didier
Site Admin

Postby Didier » 02 Apr 2010, 13:16

The display issue should be fixed in version 1.2
Didier
Site Admin

Return to Bugs