Screen Problem with Netbook CE 6 device

Please create a topic in this forum if you think that you have found a new issue with the software.

Screen Problem with Netbook CE 6 device

Postby winmodof » 17 Jan 2011, 20:30

Your interesting program installs and loads properly, however, the application is unusable because the buttons appear to be too large for the small window. I am running version 1.5 of your program on Windows CE 6.00.

I am using a CE device that is similar to a netbook, but has a smaller 7 inch screen and runs Windows CE 6.00. The CPU is WMT, ARM-WM8505. Again, the program does install and RUN, but the font is too large for the buttons and the buttons "pile up" on the bottom of the screen. For example, when I attempt to select a camera, only the top half of the bottom icons are visible. I click the plus (+) which looks like an upside down T and I see Select from List and Cancel, but the other button is not completely visible. I click on "Select from List" and see a list of cameras (only up to FujiFilm) with no idea how to scroll down. There are no navigation buttons visible, so I have no idea how to scroll down. So I click on FujiFilm and am presented with 5 and a half models. Again, I have no idea how to scroll down. The program functions, but isn't useful because you are limited to choosing only a few cameras with a few models. And looking at your unique interface, the rest of the controls will not be visible.

This device has a HUGE amount of screen resolution that is not being utilized by your program. It is similar to a conventional Windows XP/Vista/7 laptop. I do not know the exact screen resolution but it appears to be larger than 640x480. I could fit 3 copies of your program's screen sideways on the netbook screen and still not completely fill the width of the screen.

The problem with the buttons may be caused by how your application or Windows CE displays the buttons (specific pixel location vs. location based on a ratio of the screen size). The buttons are huge, so there is no room for all of them to display.

I am not sure how I can help you, but if you have a small application that simply displays your buttons of differing sizes, different screen sizes, etc. I will be glad to assist you by running these test programs and providing feedback.

These CE netbooks are getting more popular in the United States because of their extremely low cost (ONE THIRD of an entry-level laptop). They connect to the Internet directly via Ethernet cable or via WIFI. They have an SD slot for easy application installation and a full keyboard and a flat pointing device. They also have 3 USB ports, so they are a very reasonable computer for a very low price. Unfortunately, there are few programs available for them.

Most all of the CE programs available are built for Windows CE PHONES. Yours is amongst the few that don't crash and actually function on this device. (I also have access to a similar unit that runs CE 5 as well. I have NOT tried your program on this device.)

Let me know how I can assist.

Thank you.
winmodof

Re: Screen Problem with Netbook CE 6 device

Postby Didier » 19 Jan 2011, 13:44

Hello,

Can you give me the reference of your device (manufacturer and model)? So I can get more info on the internet.
I will try to find an emulator to be able to debug.

If I don't find any emulator I will ask you to make some tests.

Thanks for your feedback.
Didier - WinMoDof developer
Didier
Site Admin

Return to Bugs